Summer is so close you can almost taste it. You know. Lemonade mixed with a little Jeremiah’s Sweet Tea plus maybe some freshly cut grass. And some chlorine. What else is summer besides laying by a pool with a drink in your hand? Well, at least I can imagine it that way. With the weather being so nice (at least last week) all I want to do is sit and day drink and dream about summer. Sadly, with just four weeks left of classes, I can’t. But maybe the dreaming part can still happen, just instead of sitting in the sun, I’m sitting under the lights of Phillips Hall. Sigh.
So how can you make your 2012 summer the best ever? Make a bucket list and knock down every single item…or at least try.
1. Go on a vacation – Okay, so chances are you blew all of your money on Spring Break. But with summer just around the corner (which means you will probably be working more than you do now) you can make all that money back and blow it all again on another trip! But this time, try something different. Why not take a roadtrip to Kansas City? Or fly to New York? With the weather the best all year, there’s never a better time to traverse the U.S. and explore places you’ve never been to.
2. Cross something off your actual bucket list – Go skydiving (props to you if you do, that sounds terrifying). Swim naked in a neighbor’s pool. Hook up with that hot older neighbor you’ve always dreamed about. Anything you’ve always wanted to do, but never had the time to.
3. Train for something – Practice for a marathon (or a half). Improve your back swing. Shave a minute off your mile time. Summer gives you way more free time (well, for some people) and the weather allows for you to be outside way more than normal. You may as well do one productive thing this summer.
4. Catch up on things you’ve missed – The news. Books you heard were really good. Your favorite T.V. show. Or start a new T.V. show (let me reccomend Revenge to you). With school being so busy, there’s probably something you always meant to read, or see, or do and just forgot about it. Take all the free time you have and finish it.
5. Drink - I can’t think of anything better than a nice cold margarita (or beer, if that’s what you’re into) on a hot day.
But most of all, just enjoy the three months you have off from school. And with this nice weather I can’t think of anything better.