Valentine’s Day is this Tuesday, and it could go down a few different ways…
- Option 1. Spend time with significant other frolicking around Iowa City, fat on a diet of chocolate and fine cuisine.
- Option 2. Lie in bed, watch a romcom, sustain yourself on candy hearts and take out Chinese.
- Option 3. You just realized next week was Valentine’s Day… and you don’t really care.
Regardless of your plans, The Hook Up is here to save you some cash on a “holiday” that often forces you to empty your pockets because of some saint no one really knows much about. (Is it obvious I’m not a fan of V-Day?… But I am a fan of good deals.)
- Option 1. You decided to go out for Valentines Day. Now, remember, this can be with your lover or your friends. Or both. I’m not judging here. Anyways. A great option for saving money is heading to Formosa. Every Tuesday night they offer great deals. Their menu is cheaper, and includes basic rolls and cocktails for only $3.
- Option 2. Okay. Maybe you were just broken up with. Or your friends are all dating and are too busy staring into their sweethearts eyes to remember you exist on this romantic holiday. Don’t fret. This is clearly the perfect night for you to stay home and order in. Personally, I would go for The Pit. They deliver, which is pretty awesome. I suggest ordering cheese fries with pork on top. Call it the “Baehr Essentials”- I’m trying to make it a thing. And FRIED OREOS: enough said. Or maybe you want to go the traditional route. Order some Chinese food from Szechwan Village, and they even have coupons! Now it’s time to decide on a movie. Have Netflix? Then check out Never Been Kissed or Notting Hill. Don’t have Netflix? Go find a Redbox and rent What’s Your Number. Pro tip: Use the code BREAKROOM for a free rental.
- Option 3. You don’t care. You’re life is entirely unaffected by this date… just another Tuesday. Great. But if you are sick of studying, check out the bars for drink specials. Who knows, you may even find a special someone. Remember that saying you find someone when you’re least expecting it? Well, I think there’s something to that!
Featured image is from hybridlava.com